Saturday, November 10, 2012

Horse

A quick little post on a horse that just went to his new owner. It is often a struggle to actually pack them up and say goodbye when I spend so many hours in such concentrated work on a piece. As mentioned before many times... I love horses! Dogs are what I know! Horses are something I desire. That desire always brings me around to making a horse knowing the incredible amount of work involved.  A piece of me goes into each animal I make. Horses have wonderful spirits, I try to capture that spirit and soul in all my sculptures. You see it in the face and the expression... as if there is just something a little more in there. ... that spark of realism I strive for. Thank you all that respond to my work with such passion and love..






2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and this horse has such a sweet face too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lucy,
    I can only imagine how hard it must me be to part with such a project. He is just wonderful! You don't try to capture that spirit and soul in all my sculptures, you succeed every time. I look at your animals and I fell they are living, real animals with a character all on their own. That is what makes your work magic.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete