Tuesday, March 6, 2012

German Shepherd Dog

GSD are one of my favorite breeds. I have owned a number of them over the years. Friends in the German Shepherd Kennel club have helped me in understanding the breed well... including the movements so important to this working dog and in creating one to standard. This dog pictured here is 100% alpaca fiber with NO pastels for markings. Pastels fade and rub off on whatever they come into contact with. I prefer my dogs to appear as realistic and natural as possible. I hope you can appreciate that in this fine dog.
Rin Tin Tin was a TV favorite when I was a child. Honored with the title as Official Rin Tin Tin artist I have made quite a few miniature replicas of Rin Tin Tin over the years for Daphne Hereford the owner and breeder of the Rinty line.

No comments:

Post a Comment