Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Let's Be Friends

This is one of my favorite groupings. A fabulous Joanna Thomson doll... posed with the unfriendly looking kitten! The lovey dog has the expression that clearly exclaims as the groupings name suggests. There are a few pieces that I have always regretted selling and this is one. I make each dog from start to finish having a clear vision of how I would like it to turn out. Facial expression is key to all my sculptures. My passion for dogs my entire life has fueled this desire to create the most realistic looking dogs possible. As in life looking into the eyes is the window into the very essence of the dog... I have always tried to capture that realism. If I don't see that come through then the piece is not complete. Enjoy "Let's Be Friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment