Sunday, May 20, 2012

Barney

 Part of the story of Barney is he belonged to Jon Provost. Jon you may remember was "Timmy" from the Lassie series years and years ago.  As a child I had two favorite dogs from TV... Lassie and Rin Tin Tin.. As a little girl of course it could never have entered my mind while watching Timmy with that gorgeous smart Collie Lassie ... that I would one day actually communicate with Timmy. Funny that the dog Jon owned and so loved was not a Collie but a Beagle! I like the picture with the dandelion because it gives you a idea of how large the portrait Barney is. Memorial pieces are nice large so you can really get the feel of the dog. Barney was so loved and so very missed when he passed away. He was a good old dog that lived a very wonderful life full of love and attention ... even meeting Lassie himself. I made this portrait dog of Barney for Jon as a gift from his wife.  Very proud to have the opportunity to do this for them.



6 comments:

  1. Love it, but I love all your work. I lost 2 yorkies that I would love to have you do.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lost our beagle on 10/03/11.Her name was Molly Ann. She was quite the dog.I have had many dogs over the years,but never one like her. We miss her so much,just like it was yesterday. We cried so much and the house was so quiet that we got another Beagle. Her name is Dolly Rose.She is a handful,but a beautiful and funny dog. The Beagle you made is just so close to Molly and Dolly,Iam amazed.Thank you for sharing,that made my day !!! I will look on your website and see if I can order a Beagle,but I have two layaways on minis ahead of this first. Thank you again for sharing !!!!! Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! Barney is lovely :-) I was always a Lassie fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it almost looks like my Bella, I lost her last year. what a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy,
    Laurie and I love our Barney. He's in a shadow box with a photo and his collar tag. Laurie had asked you to make the older Barney with his white face and that makes him so special to us...our sweet old boy we loved so much. You got him just right -- right down to those funny big feet. We are grateful for your artistry every day when we look at him. Thank you for memorializing him so beautifully.
    Best always,
    Jon Provost

    ReplyDelete